Monday 2 March 2015

Half way done!

On  my 3 part series one of my ideas was to carve a ball of clay hollow and put a design on it. I have finished the first part of the project but now how to bake it and paint it the way I want it to look.
Day one:

Day two:


Day three:

Day four:



Day five:

The biggest challenge I have had on this was keeping the clay together and not let it crack.I went inside the heart a bit to give it a little more depth. The other challenge I had was picking where to crave to make sure it doesn't look all crammed together. 

UPDATE

It now has been fired all I got to think about is the colour I would want to put on it. I think i want to have a dart back colour and make the heart pop put and make it a brighter colour. For the text ill make it black so it stands out and therefore people will be able to see what it says more. The only part I was scared about is how the clay was cracking on me when i was making it. I just didn't want to to show up again after it was fired but it didn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment